Wednesday, June 9, 2010

#7 To my best friend.

If I knew
how to use several languages
to give you a simple happy birthday message
I would.

In Chinese,
I would wish you
Luck in all the things
That you want to take on.

In English,
I would hope
For you to be able to pass over
All the obstacles God will bring you.

In Japanese,
I would pray
That you'd be able to cross the globe
In search of what you truly want to do with your life.

In French,
I would dream
That you'd find the love
The love that you've been waiting for,
for so long.

In Filipino,
I would say
Loud and clear that we, your friends,
Are glad to have met someone special like you.

In computer language,
I would program
You something that may help you
Finish those strings and loops
I manage to see on your laptop.

And lastly in Latin,
I would sing to God
That may He bestow you good health
To help you take on the challenge of living this life.

I thank God
For giving me a best friend like you
That even though we don't even get to see each other
And have our talks and moments
We still share the same strong bond that we always had from the start.

I will always love you,
my best friend.

Love,
Charisse

(June 7, 2010)

1 comment: