January 1, 2009
CLASSLESS NOTE
I’ve just realized tonight that I’ll never ever get to hold your hands.
Though my mind still remembers the way it felt when our hands fit snuggly within the contours of each other’s fingers, reality strikes me to say to myself that it will never be like it was before.
The memory of your fingers lingering against my hand seems too far away now.
But just the thought, it all comes back... fresh in my mind like everything just happened yesterday.
The feelings that have evoked within me would stay permanent—
Never could be stopped.
Are you thinking of the same thing right now? Or did everything vanish from your mind already?
Your mind’s already locked the key out of reach for me. But I know you would remember.
I know you would.
Just the thought of a single word connected to the idea, makes you think of it too.
But you’ll put it aside.
Covered with one heavy quilt, forever invisible but embedded on your mind.
I close my eyes surrendering to the fact that I’m already half into my empty dreamland.
But as I slowly remember every word that I’ve shed onto this classless note...
I’ve just realized tonight that I’ll never ever get to hold your hands.
Not the way it used to be.
Not anymore.
CLASSLESS NOTE
I’ve just realized tonight that I’ll never ever get to hold your hands.
Though my mind still remembers the way it felt when our hands fit snuggly within the contours of each other’s fingers, reality strikes me to say to myself that it will never be like it was before.
The memory of your fingers lingering against my hand seems too far away now.
But just the thought, it all comes back... fresh in my mind like everything just happened yesterday.
The feelings that have evoked within me would stay permanent—
Never could be stopped.
Are you thinking of the same thing right now? Or did everything vanish from your mind already?
Your mind’s already locked the key out of reach for me. But I know you would remember.
I know you would.
Just the thought of a single word connected to the idea, makes you think of it too.
But you’ll put it aside.
Covered with one heavy quilt, forever invisible but embedded on your mind.
I close my eyes surrendering to the fact that I’m already half into my empty dreamland.
But as I slowly remember every word that I’ve shed onto this classless note...
I’ve just realized tonight that I’ll never ever get to hold your hands.
Not the way it used to be.
Not anymore.
~ C. Chua
Hey you!
Yes you.
I love you


No comments:
Post a Comment